~ The LOVE of a FAMILY makes LIFE beautiful ~

Friday, March 26, 2010

It's all going to be fine, right?

Okay, so I have been officially single for almost three years now. It's all going to be fine, right?

I started dating again within a few months of the official divorce. Things were difficult and I hated the men I was meeting. So, I gave up for about six months, that was just what was needed.

Then a wonderful man called me. We talked for and hour the first time on the phone. We both felt it was as if we had known each other for a long time. We went out every weekend, since he lives so far away. We would trade off on travel to make it fair and more exciting for all of us. The kids love his and vice versa. He has amazing kids, and I do as well, but we already know that. Anyway, we became very close and talked everyday. Sometimes we wouldn't see each other for a couple weeks, but we talked on the phone. Then last July we decided to spend less time together. Than we drifted further apart. We love each other, yes we have told each other this, but he is nervous and afraid of commitment. I tried to be understanding at first. Then I just stopped calling him. I still wrote him up to February. We haven't spoken in two weeks. We decided at Thanksgiving to stay friends. Doesn't seem to be.

I am pretty happy where I am right now. All seems to be okay. I have my ups and downs, who doesn't? Anyway, I feel like my kids are the most important priority right now and that will be the way it is for a long time to come.

I have recently been set up by a friend. I think this man is very nice. I am just not sure anything will happen, but I am willing to give it a chance because it would be unfair not to. Not only that, but I would be a hypocrite if I didn't give him a chance. That's a story for another time.

I am so frustrated about dating in general, so all the time I am spending with the kids or even alone doing my own thing is a nice change. I think dating is boring. I got married to my ex in high school, that was the day when dating was not only casual but fun. now you are just older and less exciting. The single men out there are very interesting to say the least. So I will just let everything come to me for now, it is so much easier to let it fall in your lap so to speak. Theres no pressure when you sit at home and play games or read a great book.

So, it's all going to be fine, right?

2 comments:

  1. You are strong and can make it through this! It will be well worth the wait, I am sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meichelle! BTW, I love your new layout too.

    ReplyDelete